Sunday 21 August 2011

Introductions, and other assorted mandatory niceties


Welcome mages, fellow WoW players, and the odd lost warlock (it’s OK; most of your class aren’t clever enough to operate the internet, so you’re ahead of the pack). My name is Phish, and today I begin the task of trying to impart a little knowledge (some of it may be useful, if you’re lucky), a little humour, and a little experience to this great community which has given me so much joy. I am what you might call a nerd. I avoid direct sunlight, enjoy maths, spend much of my free time gaming, and a fair bit more of it roaming the internet. It was on one of these rangings that I decided to search for a blog about magery. Being a good mage, I like to read on such topics, in order to hone my skill, and pass the time. To my shock, horror and disappointment, I discovered nothing (being of course, a devout reader of Arcane Brilliance already). After many weeks musing this conundrum, I resolved to fill this grievous oversight, and here I am, ready to regale with tales of raiding, discovery, and of course to remind us all, that we are the best class in WoW (come on, we shoot fire, conjure cake, and rip the fabric of reality to transport ourselves from one end of the world to the other). I intend to post at least once a week, possibly more, on subjects ranging from gearing, to raid tactics, to talents, to simply 2000 word rambles about how we should do twice as much damage ass all the other DPS classes because we have to go into battle in a dress (I mean, come on, priests can at least heal themselves, and warlocks don’t deserve extra DPS, because they should be playing mages anyway). Commentary and questions (productive or otherwise) are encouraged, and feel free to drop me an e-mail with any questions you may have, I’ll be happy to provide advice, or direct you to an appropriate source of information. Stay tuned, reroll a mage, and remember, dead mages do crap DPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment